Monday, September 1, 2014



Hey Everyone! My name is Megan Quillen and I am a freshman here at UK. I’m from Commerce Township Michigan and am so excited to be here in Lexington where it’s not only a little bit warmer, but also the people are a little bit nicer! I am undecided what my major is as of now, but I’m hoping this year will make things seem a little clearer. For me, the song that really was able to express my 2014 was Beyoncé’s new album. To me she is such an inspiration of a powerful, self-confident and beautiful woman who I aspire to be like. Her unwillingness to give into the worlds expectations of women and there supposed roles in society helped me this year battle my own self image problems. Thanks to the Queen, I am able to face 2015 with confidence and an acceptance and love of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment